Hi, I’m Anina. I grew up in Denmark – a small country in Scandinavia.. northern europe. What can I say about that, it’s my background – this small country with a mild climate, and a landscape and a language that are similar to each other – they’re both flat and boring! Sorry, I shouldn’t say that about my language and country, but I’m a bit envious on our Norweigan and Swedish neighbours who has such beautiful landscapes and languages.
The thing is – I love nature, I love mountains, valleys and hiking in such wilderness. There’s not much of that in Denmark!
So I’ve moved away, and settled in an even smaller and remote part of the world – the Faroe Islands – and I love its rough climate, to hike in the mountains and learn this “high” and very difficult language. The reason why I live there, is that I met a wonderful man from that country. The Faroes, by the way, is situated in the North Atlantic, between Iceland and Norway, north of Scotland. I’ll write about my life in the Faroe Islands in my blog, so enough about that here 😉
Random facts about me – some survey fun!
Instead of spamming my poor MySpace friends with those waste-of-time surveys (I admit it, I have fun doing them, just don’t ask me why!), I post some questions and answers here. The thing is – I’ve found out that not only my friends is reading my blog, but also many other “bloggers” in cyberspace, and this page helps them knowing a bit of who I am.
The first thing you do in the morning?
– Getting out of bed and have a cup of tea and a huge glass of orange juice.
Something you’re addicted to?
– Non alcoholic; tea, coffee, hot chocolate (of course), juice, Schweppes lemon.. but most important: water.
Alcoholic drinks; beer, whiskey, Irish Coffee
What do you listen to?
– As you see on my “music and life”, I am a huge fan of Roger Hodgson/Supertramp. But actually, the list of favourite music is endless. I could list some of those who have influenced me the most: Enya, Pink Floyd, Loreena Mckennit, Jeff Buckley, Elton John, Billy Joel, the Scorpions, Sara McLachlan, Jethro Tull, Mahavishnu Orchestra and John Mclaughlin, the Beatles … and some Scandinavian/norse names you probably never heard of (but that you should check out:) Faroese singer-composer Eivör Palsdottir, Teitur, Swedish Lisa Ekhdal, Norweigan Sissel, and many others.
– The best thing I know of, is to walk in the mountains of the Faroe Islands by myself.. finding a peaceful spot, listening to the waves crashing into the rocks and cliff below me, feeling the cool wind, listening to the birds and just look at the endless ocean. I always forget about time and place, and in those moments I often find inspiration to poems, songs and other things like that..
– I love animals, and I have two adorable cats
Playing any instruments?
– I play the clarinet and keyboard, but I’m not too good at it.. I am mainly a singer, and I love singing in choirs
If you won the lottery you would..?
– Pay my debt, and travel a lot.. and buying myself a new clarinet
Why do you do Myspace surveys?
– Often I do them because I recieved them from others, and in that way my cyberspace friends and I get to know about each other.. In the “real” world you get to know each other about talking about different topics, but in cyberspace where you haven’t met the person, it’s good to let your friends know some weird facts about you